Open Harvest Co-op Grocery is Lincoln’s trusted source for high quality food, personal, and household products, making healthy and sustainable choices accessible to a diverse community of member owners and shoppers.
We feature local, organic, and non-GMO foods that are free from artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
We prefer products that are:
1. CLEAN: Organic and/or non-GMO ingredients, free from artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, fragrances, antibiotics, growth hormones, herbicides, and pesticides.
2. SUSTAINABLE: Organically grown, biodynamically grown, or other sustainable practices.
3. LOCAL: Produced within 200 miles of the Co-op or within the state of Nebraska.
4. CLOSE TO THE SOURCE: Fresh, minimally processed.
5. SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE: Cooperatively run, fair trade, small scale, not tested on animals.
6. APPROPRIATELY PACKAGED: Minimal packaging that is recyclable, biodegradable, or compostable.
The Co-op supports our shoppers’ rights to make informed choices about the food they purchase. That is why we support GMO labeling laws. We encourage shoppers concerned about GMO foods to select products that are USDA Certified Organic or Non-GMO Project verified. To identify these products, look for the following logos on product packaging:
To reflect the values of the Open Harvest’s diverse community, we do not participate in consumer boycotts. The Co-op encourages customers to exercise their own judgement about products they prefer to avoid, and vote with their wallet. Item categories are always under review, and products that do not sell are discontinued and replaced.