The work of Seed Program Nominees should align with our Ends Statement, which reads:
Open Harvest Co-op Grocery exists so there will be a vibrant community that:
- Has access to healthy, organic, and local food
- Supports economic justice and strengthens the local economy
- Upholds inclusive, socially responsible practices
- Contributes to a strong local food system and a sustainable environment
- Embodies cooperative principles
In addition, priority will be given to organizations that:
- Are based in the communities served by Open Harvest.
- Reflect the cultural and racial diversity of our communities.
- Are nonpartisan and do not advocate a particular religion.
- Are registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
2022 recipients will not be eligible for a 2023 nomination.