Everyone is welcome to shop at our co-op, but there are awesome benefits to ownership.
Becoming an owner means you own a share of our business and get to reap the benefits. Food co-ops are grocery stores that are owned by their shoppers. Unlike a corporate grocery store, their purpose isn’t to accumulate profits, but rather to meet the goals of their shoppers and keep wealth in their communities. When you purchase an ownership share in a food co-op like ours, your investment provides the capital we need to run our business, helps you save more on groceries, and gives you a say in our future.
When you become an Open Harvest Grocery Co-op owner, you help support:
• Your local community’s economy
• Fair wages and good working conditions for farmers, bakers, and field workers
• Local producers throughout Nebraska
• Sustainable producers and practices
• Food and garden education for kids and the community
• Healthier ways of growing food with less impact to the environment
• Better quality foods and ingredients