A Healthy Co-op
As the COVID-19 coronavirus situation continues to develop in Nebraska, we want you to know that we are actively preparing for a local outbreak or service interruption at our co-op.
Open Harvest Co-op Grocery is committed to keeping our doors open and our shelves stocked so you can continue to pick up any of the items you need in the coming weeks. The safety of our shoppers and staff remains a top priority, and we will be following all local, state, and federal recommendations during this time.
Precautionary Actions We’ve Taken
- We are monitoring the guidelines for the food industry as established by the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services and the CDC and will follow recommendations.
- We have implemented a higher frequency-cleaning schedule of common surfaces such as light switches, door handles, tables, chairs, and other high traffic surfaces.
- We are reminding and encouraging staff more frequent washing of hands.
- We are focused on maintaining a good supply of our usual merchandise, as well as additional emergency preparedness items that you might need.
- We have temporarily suspended passive sampling
- Staff showing any symptoms of illness are being asked to stay home to recuperate and rest
How We’ve Been Affected So Far
- Supply issues on some shelf-stable items has led to a few out-of-stocks. Products currently affected are bathroom tissues, hand sanitizers, elderberry syrups, some cleaning supplies, and some sale items.
- Our food service staff have increased batch sizes of our made-from-scratch items and are packaging larger portions – they are doing their very best to keep up with the escalated demand of these items.
- Manufacturers are trying to replenish inventories as quickly as possible, and we are doing our best to keep items in stock by increasing order quantities.
- Local school closings will have an effect on staffing, but we will continue to remain flexible with our staff families as the length of these closings unfolds in the coming days.
What You Can Do
- If you know you have had contact with someone that is a presumptive positive case of coronavirus, please stay home. Please do not send your family members, or anyone else with whom you have had contact, to the store.
- If you would prefer to order products over the phone, we will gladly place special orders for you. Reminder that all owners receive 15% off case orders.
- Instead of clearing our shelves to stock up on staple items, please consider placing a special orders for cases. If the products are available from our suppliers, they will arrive at our store within a few days for you to pick up.
We care about our community and we are here to serve you. As always, we will continue doing everything we can to ensure that our co-op is a safe place and a space that you feel comfortable shopping in. As we receive new information, we will continue to be transparent about our plans to prevent the further spread of this illness should an outbreak occur in our community.