COVID-19 Update: Mask Mandate Expiration
Last week the CDC recently released new guidelines that shift recommendations around face coverings and social distancing for vaccinated individuals. They recommend anyone who has not received the vaccine should continue to follow COVID-19 guidelines around handwashing, face coverings, and social distancing. On Tuesday, the city announced that the mask mandate will expire tomorrow Friday, May 21st. New DHM’s for licensed food establishments have also relaxed safety measures and increased patron capacities.
As this mandate expires, we remain committed to providing a safe place to shop and work. We will:
- recommend (but not enforce) that customers wear masks in the store
- encourage regular handwashing, sanitizing, and social distancing
- continue to offer curbside service to customers for pickup Monday – Friday
- continue to supply masks to customers and staff
- continue to sanitize surfaces regularly, high touch more frequently
- keep plexiglass barriers in place at registers and deli counter
With this news, our Food Service team is working on a plan to re-open our indoor deli seating very soon. More details on this next week!
I’m optimistic with many of our staff members fully vaccinated, the city vaccination rates increasing, and risk dial factors decreasing that we can adjust to the relaxation of the DHM’s and maintain a safe work environment. As we cautiously move into this new phase of the pandemic, please know that should our community numbers shift and risk increase, we will continue to follow CDC guidelines and any local recommendations or mandates from the Lincoln – Lancaster County Health Department.
Thanks to you all for your contributions to creating a store for our employees and fellow customers. Your cooperation and support is appreciated.
Amy Tabor / General Manager
Open Harvest Co-op Grocery